Anthem Staff VP Clinical Pharmacy Services-PS3214 in Abilene, Texas
Responsible for leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of clinical services for the Pharmacy Benefits manager (PBM) including pharmacy Cost of Care accountability. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees clinical research and development of programs designed to promote use of effective drug therapies while managing drug spend.
- Models programs and analyzes data to help guide the development of the clinical program portfolio.
- Responds to RFPs for internal and external business clients.
- Manages the provider collaboration clinical pharmacy initiatives.
- Assists in the development of pharmacy benefits programs.
- Manages overall quality and support of the Health Plans accreditation efforts for commercial and exchange business.
- Serves as subject matter expert in sales arena.
- Participates on pharmacy committees and develops relationships with key stakeholders.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates the performance of direct reports.
Requires a licensed pharmacist in applicable state; 8 years of experience in PBM clinical pharmacy initiatives, including 3 years of management experience in leading clinical professionals and experience with clinical program design and drug trend management; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Must possess broad understanding of key cost of care tools and quality standards and have an excellent understanding of industry trends and competition. MBA or MHA preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Staff VP Clinical Pharmacy Services-PS3214
Other Locations: OH-Mason, VA-Virginia Beach, GA-Atlanta
Requisition ID: PS2314