Texas Tech University Research Instructor in Abilene, Texas
Contributes to the university's mission through teaching and service, some variation by academic unit. This position is primarily research based.
- Write grants and research papers for Dr. Srivastava's research lab.
- Stay abreast of development in techniques involved in studying the basic signaling mechanism of anti-tumor therapy and immune response.
- Perform experiments for Dr. Srivastava's projects.
- Support/Guide the graduate students. If needed, teach in assigned TTUHSC graduate programs.
Terminal academic degree (or its equivalent) as defined by the academic unit and as appropriate for the position held. Ability to teach effectively. Job assignment can be full-time (FT)/part-time (PT) depending on the needs of the department. This position will be classified as Security Sensitive and require a criminal background check if selected for employment.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, cancer biology or related field and 5 years of postdoctoral research experience.
- Candidate should demonstrate excellent skills in writing grants.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Research Instructor
Work Location: Abilene
Org Level 1: Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Campus: HSC - Abilene
Department: Immunotherapeutics Dept Abi
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: Yes
Required Attachments: Cover Letter Professional/Personal References Resume / CV
Optional Attachments: Teaching Philosophy
Job Type: Full Time
Pay Basis: Monthly
Minimum Hire Rate: salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skills
Salary Grade: 800
Travel Required: None
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 13212BR